Best 8 Solzhenitsyn Quotes
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst,
if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
Here are the Best Solzhenitsyn Quotes :
- “The single greatest thing about love, in my experience, is the way it is doomed to pain and loss from its onset. Whether it is the spouse that outlives their lover or loses them to another, there is no escaping that most solemn Of inevitabilities. That two people can commit themselves to all this sadness and heartache in the name of such brief happiness, the warm touch of familiar skin, the unrivaled pleasantness in waking up beside the same person you spent the entire night in your dreams is all the proof I need that insanity exists, and it is beautiful.”
- There comes a time when you have to let everything fall apart. When you have to stop fighting for a life you’ve outgrown and trust that you will be okay, even if you can’t see how right now. For a while, everything may feel messy and hard, and you may feel scared and lost. Embrace the fear. Embrace the uncertainty. Embrace the loss. The dark tunnel Of change leads to the light of possibility, but first, you have to go through it.
- A man who lies to himself, and believes his own lies, unable to recognize truth, either in himself Or in anyone else, ends up losing respect for himself and for Others. When he has no respect for anyone, he can no longer love, and in him, he yields to his im- pulses indulges in the lowest form Of pleasure, and behaves in the end like an animal in satisfying his vices. And it all comes from lying to others and to yourself.
- You went back for what, a lifetime of regretful memories for two minutes of pleasure? The comfort of familiarity? To be lonely within the presence of loneliness? To be the reason someone else loses him the same way you did? Or did you go back because you wanted a reminder of who you were before the things that gave you joy became the ones that hurt you the most?
Alexander Solzhenitsyn Quotes
- If I’ve learned anything from life, it’s that sometimes, the darkest times can bring us to the brightest places. I’ve learned that the most toxic people can teach us the most important lessons; that our most painful struggles can grant us the most necessary growth; and that the most heartbreaking losses of friendship and love can make room for the most wonderful people.
- “She wasn’t always that way, her heart wasn’t always cold. Her guard wasn’t always up and that wall in front of her soul wasn’t always there. Heartbreak changed the climate of her heart, made her less trusting of love. I get that, I understand but she’s still deserving of something real. Something true with someone better than what she’s known.”
- My strength didn’t come from lifting weights. My strength came from lifting myself up every time I was knocked down.