Best 6 Modest Quotes
“I ask you to put the question each one to himself with regard to this: Have I been convinced that I am a sinner such a sinner as to deserve punishment, nothing but punishment? If you have never been convinced of this that you are a sinner, and that, as a sinner, you deserve nothing but punishment, then I ask you affectionately to consider it now: and to consider the only ground of salvation, and whether you have yet seen that your punishment has been laid on the Lord Jesus Christ.
And if you are thus a sinner and deserving of punishment, then consider that God, in mercy, that you might not be punished, has sent Christ, His only-begotten Son, to bear the punishment in our room and stead, as our Substitute. ”
Here are the Best Modest Quotes :
- “Every intellectual has a very special responsibility. He has the privilege and the opportunity of studying. In return, he owes it to his fellow men to represent the results of his study as simply, clearly, and modestly as he can. The worst thing that intellectuals can do the cardinal sin is to try to set themselves up as great prophets vis-å-vis their fellow men and to impress them with puzzling philosophies. Anyone who cannot speak simply and clearly should say nothing and continue to work until he can do so.”
- “To ascertain the Lord’s will we ought to use scriptural means. Prayer, the word of God, and His Spirit should be united together. We should go to the Lord repeatedly in prayer, and ask Him to teach us by His Spirit through His word. I say, by His Spirit through His word. For if we should think that His Spirit led us to do so and so, because certain facts are so and so, and yet His word is opposed to the step in which we are going to take, we should be deceiving ourselves. “
- “Do yourself a favor and learn how to walk away. When a connection starts to fade, Learn how to let it go. When a person starts to mistreat you, learn how to move on.. to something and someone better. Don’t waste your energy trying to force something that isn’t meant to be Because the truth is for every one person who doesn’t value you there are tons more waiting to love you better. Do better.”
- “For myself, I am interested in science and in philosophy only because I want to learn something about the riddle of the world in which we live, and the riddle of man’s knowledge of that world. And I believe that only a revival of interest in these riddles can save the sciences and philosophy from an obscurantist faith in the expert’s special skill and in his personal knowledge and authority.”
- Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan ‘Press On’ has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
- “My room is far better than I need: yet an easy chair, in this my weak state of body, to kneel before in prayer, would have added to my comfort. In the afternoon, without having a hint about it, I found an easy chair put in my room. I was struck with the kindness, the special kindness of my heavenly Father, in being mindful of the smallest wants and comforts of his child.”