Best 10 David Foster Wallace Quotes
You deserve someone who gives a shit. You deserve someone who doesn’t take pride in being an asshole. You deserve someone who doesn’t invalidate your feelings by calling you annoying or sensitive. You deserve someone who’s all about you. You deserve someone who doesn’t play games with you. You deserve someone who makes you feel secure. You deserve someone who doesn’t purposely try to get you mad. You deserve someone who compromises. You deserve someone who’s there for you when you’re feeling down.
Here are the Best David Foster Wallace Quotes :
- “If you spend enough time reading or writing, you find a voice, but you also find certain tastes. You find certain writers who when they write, make your own brain voice like a tuning fork, and you just resonate with them. And when that happens, reading those writers becomes a source of unbelievable joy. It’s like eating candy for the soul. And I sometimes have a hard time understanding how people who don’t have that in their lives make it through the day.”
David Foster Wallace Quotes
- Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you will go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you’ve faced. All the battles you have won. All the fears you’ve overcome. All the chapters you have written. Remember the moments that came before when you had this same doubt and overcame it. You can go as far as you let yourself go. Let go and you will soar farther than you’ve ever imagined.
- I want you to hold my hand while we grocery shop. I want you to play with my hair while we watch our favorite tv shows. I want you to kiss me in the middle of my sentence because you wanted to taste my words. I want you to rub my back as we fall asleep. I want you to play my favorite song when I look sad. I want you to do these things without having to think about them. Do them because you love me.
- There are only so many times you can allow someone to let you down before you will no longer tolerate being disappointed. When things go wrong between two people, something has got to give. You get to the point where you get tired of being the only one trying to fix things, it’s not giving up, it’s realizing you had enough. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts.
- I like that every page In every book can have a gem on it. It’s probably what I love most about writing that words can be used in a way that’s like a child playing in a sandpit, rearranging things, swapping them around. They’re the best moments In a day of writing when an image appears that you didn’t know would be there when you started work in the morning.
- The creative process is also the most terrifying part because you don’t know exactly what’s going to happen or where it is going to lead. You don’t know what new dangers and challenges you’ll find. It takes an enormous amount of internal security, to begin with, the spirit of adventure, discovery, and creativity.
- Believe that a good writing day can be one passed entirely in silence, with hours spent staring at a blank screen, or glaring at a single word or paragraph, knowing there is nothing you can add or change at that particular moment.
- “The really important kind of freedom involves attention and awareness and discipline and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.”
- “I think I like my brain best in a bar fight with my heart. I think I like myself a little broken, with rough edges, a little harder to grasp. I like poetry better than therapy anyway. The poems never judge me for healing wrong.”